Sunday, February 28, 2010
Our new arrival...Paige Elizabeth....
Paige Elizabeth was born at 7:01 pm February 28, 2010, 5lbs 18.5 inches long...I had extremely bad sharp pains the night before and then again in the morning. I went to the hospital around 12pm to get monitored and after dropping off Haley with my sister in the parking lot and making our way up to labor and delivery, the second I walked in to the room to be monitored all pains went away, all that remained was the uncomfortable ones that I had since 6 months pregnant. We were waiting on the doctor to come and examine me and see what was going on for about 5 hours, he had back to back emergency c-sections, in the meantime, around 3 pm I started staring at the clock because it seemed they were coming back and they were every 5 minutes. We told the nurse and she came in when I was having one and looked at my belly because it wasn't registering that it was intense on the monitor, while I couldn't talk and wanted to punch someone from the pain, and she realized that the monitor was not in the right place because the contraction was off to the side and when she moved it it spiked on the monitor. So I wasn't imagining the pain, great validation. They ended up giving me stuff to stop the contractions in the hopes that I would make it to 37 weeks, I was 36 weeks and 2 days, but it did nothing and so it was up to me and Joe as to whether we have the c-section that night or go home and labor and deal with the pain until I dilate ( I wasn't dilated at all) and since I could not take care of Haley with being in such pain and we were a scheduled c-section anyway my gut was telling me to go forward with the c-section. And so that night we had our little girl, and good thing because once the doctor got in there he said there was a window, which is when the previous c-section scar thins out and mine was so bad that he could see little Paige without any incision into my uterus, I am told that I am never allowed to labor because it could be dangerous for me or the baby (if we have anymore that is). So he was very happy that we decided to have the c-section. She had the craziest fuzzy hair!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment