Friday, March 6, 2009

Trial and errors of a new mom..

So who knew there were different size nipples for bottles and that going up a size could change your life....well there are and it can!

Haley was getting very fussy when she ate, spitting out her bottle and crying, lets just say it wasn't fun to feed her. We switched to all bottle feeding a few weeks ago, mainly because my milk supply dwindled, which is hard to believe when my milk supply was so good and the nurses in the NICU called me a cow, but I skipped a few times and it make it go down, so I will now know I can't do that for future babies. She is still on breast milk because our freezer was full to the brim, I mean completely full...we had to move all items to our freezer in the basement. We are on the last of the breast milk though. After she finishes that off she will move to formula and the doctor said that she can go on normal formula because she is gaining weight fine and everything so no more Neo Sure (special for preemies). YEAH!! Any way once we switched her to the level two nipple she was a happy eater and sleeper, so far. So keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: