Thursday, December 11, 2008

Leaving Haley at the hospital

November 27, 2008

On Thanksgiving I was discharged. It was the hardest thing in the world to leave Haley at the hospital. I wanted her to be leaving with me and yet she has to stay in the hospital. we had thanksgiving dinner at Joe's brother's house, and it was really nice. His whole family was there and Shauna's parents and Uncle were there. My dad was also there, he came up on Tuesday, November 25th and my mom flew up on Monday Nov. 24th to be there and help out. My mom ended up getting sick and had to stay away from me and the hospital for a few days so she didn't make it to thanksgiving.

I thought I was fine but by the middle of dinner I was ready to go, tired, sore and missing Haley so much. I don't know why people choose to have a c-section. You are in so much pain and you have to rely on so many people to drive you everywhere and do things for you. I wasn't supposed to drive for 2 weeks so my mom drove me back and forth to the hospital for a week then my mother-in-law drove me the next week. God Bless them both for carting me around and putting up with my emotional self.


On November 28th I got to hold her for the first time, Kangaroo time is what they call it. She was still under the lights for her jaundice but for 10 minutes she was against my chest and it was the most amazing feeling ever. I didn't want it to end.






Holding on to Daddy

No comments: